Friday, May 16, 2008

Banana Loaf


011
Originally uploaded by suepslew
It's been crazy busy with Deion lately. Haven't been upgrading my cooking skills much. I hate the fact that I am becoming more and more lazy these days in making dishes. I wish I could make more creative meals now just like how my mom used to do when we were still a kid. Banana bread or cake is one of my favorite tea time snack of all times. I have tried many different recipes but ended up making up on my own. It's nothing special..... just something that I've made up after trial and errors.

Ingredient:
2 ripen bananas (mashed)
4 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar (brown sugar is best)
2 cups of bleached white flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder (sift into flour)
a pinch of salt
1/4 tsp of baking soda (sift into flour)
1/3 cup of shortening
1/4 tsp of vanilla flavor

Method:
Beat sugar with eggs at medium speed until the mixture becomes creamy yellow with thick ribbon texture. In another bowl, mix mashed bananas with shortening. Add vanilla and salt into the egg mixture, then add 1/3 of the banana mixture. Fold in 1/3 of the sifted flour and alternate with banana mixture, ending with the flour mix. Bake in a lined or greased loaf pan at 375 deg Celsius for 1 hour or until brown.

No comments: