Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ouchy... Ouchy..

I feel and look exactly like that now! Just had my last 3 wisdom teeth removed. Didn't took long, but they are all gone. Now what's left is a little clear bag that keeps these teeth for a little souvenier. My face is still numb, swollen. I can't sleep. The moment I lie down, I start to drool... Disgusting, isn't it?? Yup... the agony of dental surgery. I've always wondered why these teeth were called the wisdom teeth. We use to joke that when these teeth were removed, we will be left without wisdom. Seriously, who started it all, calling it the wisdom tooth (pl: teeth)? I am hungry and dying for something to eat, but the taste of blood is stopping me from doing so. Yea, yea,... I shouldn't be so figurative. It's not that bad actually. When I had my first wisdom tooth removed 4 years back in 2002. It was the worst ever experience that I'd ever had. It was the hottest day at 35 deg C. The bleeding continued for the longest time. My teeth was impacted (grew horizontally) and it tool the surgeon a good 2 hrs just to take it out. horrible isn't it. Today, it took the surgeon 30 minutes to have all 3 taken out and one of them were impacted. Amazing?? Tell me about it. My teeth don't look all too bad *giggle*. They do look smaller from what I'd expected. Well, I think I can feel the tingling feeling now, so it's time for the painkiller to kick in and hopefully a nice sleep. I'd planned to go into the lab tomorrow to finish my experiment. Do you think I'll be able to make it? Let's us hope so. :)

No comments: